[News] Screenshots and Glimpse at Best Features of Debian GNU/Linux 5.0

Debian 5's Five Best Features

,----[ Quote ]
| Despite delays and internal arguments, Debian 5, Lenny, has finally arrived,
| and it's a darn nice Linux distribution.
|
| You don't have to take my word for it. Consider what Warren Woodford, the
| well-regarded Linux developer, who uses Debian for the foundation of his
| SimplyMEPIS Linux distribution, has to say. Woodford, who switched MEPIS'
| cornerstone distribution from Ubuntu to Debian in 2007, said, "Behind the
| scenes, MEPIS is being used more and more in demanding environments, so I was
| happy the Debian teams decided to use the hardening features in gcc to
| increase the security of Debian in Lenny."
`----

http://blogs.computerworld.com/debian_5s_five_best_features

Debian GNU/Linux 5.0: Screenshots

,----[ Quote ]
| Debian GNU/Linux 5.0, codenamed "Lenny", was released over the weekend; in
| this gallery we take you through the install process and basic desktop
| functions.
`----

http://www.zdnet.com.au/insight/software/soa/Debian-GNU-Linux-5-0-Screenshots/0,139023769,339294981,00.htm

Recent:

Debian Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| I haven't tried plain Debian in years, though I've used derivatives, such as
| Knoppix and (K)Ubuntu recently.  I am pretty impressed.
`----

http://blogostuff.blogspot.com/2008/11/debian-linux.html

Debian Etch on The Self-Reliant Thin Client

,----[ Quote ]
| I'm running what I call The Self-Reliant Thin Client on Debian Etch, a
| GNU/Linux distribution I haven't run intensively in quite some time. I also
| recently installed the PowerPC build of Etch on my Power Macintosh G4/466,
| but I've been using the converted thin client almost exclusively since I
| built it last week using an 8 GB Compact Flash module as the system's sole
| hard drive.
`----

http://www.insidesocal.com/click/2008/10/debian-etch-on-the-self-relian.html

Related:

Deploying KDE [+Debian GNU/Linux] to 52 million young people

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2008/04/deploying-kde-to-52-million-young.html