Re: Microsoft shares hit an 11-year low

____/ Chris Ahlstrom on Thursday 12 February 2009 12:35 : \____

> After takin' a swig o' grog, Rex Ballard belched out
> this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> On Jan 29, 12:56 am, "DFS" <nospam@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> Almost impossible.

>>> So you can name 5 abandoned Windows commercial apps.
>>
>> NetScape
>> Borland JBuilder
>
> Not to mention Borland's C/C++ compiler, which they simply made free a few
> years ago.

    "Fierce competitors Microsoft Corp. and Borland International, Inc. have
moved their battle from the networked desktop to the courtroom.

    Borland last week filed suit against Microsoft, alleging that the Redmond,
Wash., giant has been systematically recruiting Borland developers in an
attempt to eliminate the company as a competitor. Microsoft and Borland are
rivals in the budding Java and Internet tools markets.

    […]

    The suit alleges that Microsoft’s Bill Gates himself sweetened the pot.
Gross eventually accepted the offer, which included an additional half-million
dollar bonus, last September.

    A noticeably angry Borland CEO Del Yocam complained about the nerve of
Microsoft. “How flagrant, driving limos up to the front of the company. That
is what riles you,” Yocam complained. Yocam said his No. 1 goal is to get
Microsoft to stop recruiting."

                http://www.networkworld.com/news/1997/0512borland.html