Re: [News] 'New' Ubuntu Linux Derivative: ArtistX

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

ArtistX 0.6, Now Based on Ubuntu 8.10

,----[ Quote ]
| Marco Ghirlanda, team leader of ArtistX, announced the immediate availability | of version 0.6, now created with the help of Remastersys Live CD creation | software. Using the 2.6.27 Linux kernel, ArtistX 0.6 lets you choose between | GNOME 2.24 and the recent KDE 4.2 desktop environments and has Compiz Fusion | included for a full 3D-effects experience. | | Having plenty of space on a DVD, ArtistX 0.6 comes with almost 2500 free | multimedia applications designed for all Linux users. This version is based | on the latest stable Ubuntu 8.10 (Intrepid Ibex) release and features the | Ubiquity installer. `----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/ArtistX-0-6-Now-Based-on-Ubuntu-8-10-104603.shtml

<snip>

checking this out now. No Torrent yet, unfortunately, but if anyone wants I can set up a tracker.

--
Disclaimer: No fluffy warm creatures were maimed, dismembered, tortured, deplumed, discarded, deflowered, dropped, twisted, wrungOut, extended, respliced, broken, humiliated, irradiated, browbeaten, pickled, deluded, duped, detained, mishandled, desiccated, bronzed, belittled, coddled, expelled, deported, imbibed, elected, marginalized, placated, misrepresented, overworked, underpaid, underappreciated, prepackaged, overly petted, genetically altered or cloned during the making of this product, except of course for Bunny and Bear

 - IE4 Easter Egg