[News] Business Gets More Involved in Collaborative Free Software Development

Open Collaboration within Corporations Using Software Forges

,----[ Quote ]
| Over the past 10 years, open source software has become an important
| cornerstone of the software industry. Commercial users have adopted it in
| standalone applications, and software vendors are embedding it in products.
| Surprisingly then, from a commercial perspective, open source software is
| developed differently from how corporations typically develop software.
| Research into how open source works has been growing steadily [1]. One driver
| of such research is the desire to understand how commercial software
| development could benefit from open source best practices. Do some of these
| practices also work within corporations? If so, what are they, and how can we
| transfer them?

Funambol and a la Mobile Enhance Android Open Source Sync Software

,----[ Quote ]
| The open source client and server software enable Android handsets to sync
| contacts, calendars, pictures, music and videos with any backend data source
| and desktop.

DOD launches site to develop open-source software

,----[ Quote ]