[News] Glimpse at the Beautiful Elive E17 Compiz

First Look: Elive E17 Compiz

,----[ Quote ]
| If you've read the latest Softpedia Linux Weekly you probably remember the
| video clip of the week showing a lot of awesome desktop effects. Wait, don't
| leave just yet. I know you're sick of all those
| Compiz Fusion praising videos that are everywhere on the Internet but this
| time it's a little different. We're talking about a distribution and its
| desktop environment that didn't cross ways with Compiz. Until now. Yep, there
| is a special Elive E17 bundled with all the good 3D stuff. Knowing Elive's
| reputation of being one of the most beautiful and stylish distributions out
| there, what can really go wrong if you combine two of Linux's most valuable
| eye-candy providers?
|
| After watching that video, we decided to put it to the test on one of our
| machines to see if all that buzz around it was really worth it. For more fun,
| the test PC was sort of a prehistoric one with 512 MB of RAM and an Nvidia
| GeForce FX 5200 (yeah...). Well, it wasn't just for fun, but it was also a
| very good way to evaluate Elive's performance under such extreme conditions.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Elive-Compiz-104523.shtml

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=ES&hl=es&v=cH9WLrcsrx8

Recent:

E17 adapted to Linux devices, demo'd on Treo650

,----[ Quote ]
| Carsten "Rasterman" Haitzler has adapted his Enlightenment window manager to
| low-powered, small-screen devices like mobile phones. The Linux desktop
| graphics pioneer has released a pared-down widget set, along with ports and
| video demonstrations of E17 on OpenMoko's NeoFreerunner phone and Palm's
| Treo650 (booted into Linux, naturally).

The Enlightened future of OpenMoko Linux mobile phones

,----[ Quote ]
| I met lead Enlightenment developer Carsten Haitzler in the exhibition hall at
| the Southern California Linux Expo (SCALE) this past weekend. Carsten told me
| about prospects for the future of Enlightenment and shared with me some
| details about his work at OpenMoko, a division of FIC which is developing
| Linux-based open-source mobile phone handsets. He sees a big future for Linux
| in the mobile and embedded space and notes that Enlightenment, with its small
| memory footprint, is ideal for deployment on such devices.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080211-the-enlightened-future-of-openmoko-linux-mobile-phones.html

Related:

Enlightenment Desktop UI running on the Neo1973

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://mobilemoko.net/2007/enlightenment-desktop-ui-running-on-the-neo1973/