[News] US Senate Nearly Kills Net Neutrality, Crony Identified

Net Neutrality Narrowly Escapes Stimulus Doom

,----[ Quote ]
| In an earlier version of the Senate bill, Feinstein went against the usual
| Democrat stance in favor of network neutrality by slipping in an amendment to
| allowing “reasonable network management practices such as deterring unlawful
| activity, including child pornography and copyright infringement,” language
| that would open the door for ISPs to inspect data packets and filter content.
`----

http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/2009/02/13/net-neutrality-narrowly-escapes-stimulus-doom

Lawmakers Drop Broadband Tax Credit From Final Stimulus Package

,----[ Quote ]
| Lawmakers negotiating the final economic stimulus package dropped broadband
| tax credits intended to spur companies such as AT&T Inc. to expand in rural
| areas, while keeping grants that may help smaller carriers.
`----

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601103&sid=ao2GCfwWgRY0&refer=us

Recent:

WSJ Accuses Google of Abandoning Net Neutrality: Reality Check

,----[ Quote ]
| The Wall Street Journal specifically attacks Google's OpenEdge project as a
| means by which Google can have its own content given bandwidth priority over
| other web sites. Before we go into a terrified panic that Google is
| abandoning Net neutrality for its own nefarious purposes, how about we look
| at what OpenEdge actually does.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/155498/Neutrality.html?tk=rss_news

Indian Court Wants To Ban Google Earth In The Wake Of Mumbai Attacks

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://techdirt.com/articles/20081210/0318383073.shtml