Re: [News] US Senate Nearly Kills Net Neutrality, Crony Identified

  • Subject: Re: [News] US Senate Nearly Kills Net Neutrality, Crony Identified
  • From: renzo <none@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 24 Feb 2009 09:35:36 -0800
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 01:45:00 +0000, Roy Schestowitz said...

>Net Neutrality Narrowly Escapes Stimulus Doom
>
>,----[ Quote ]
>| In an earlier version of the Senate bill, Feinstein went against the usual
>| Democrat stance in favor of network neutrality by slipping in an amendment to
>| allowing â??reasonable network management practices such as deterring unlawful
>| activity, including child pornography and copyright infringement,â?? language
>| that would open the door for ISPs to inspect data packets and filter content.
>`----
>
>http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/2009/02/13/net-neutrality-narrowly-escapes-stimulus-doom

In addition to the Webpronews piece, I ran across a few other articles on this
subject, but I'm still unclear as to whether Feinstein still has the ability to
work the net neutrality language into the bill...

http://www.newsadmin.com/usenet_commentary/commentary_02232009.asp

There was reference to her pushing the amendment through a committee, but I'm
not sure if that had to happen before the bill was passed in it's final form, or
if she can do this after the fact.