[News] UK Government Slammed for MAFIAAism, Former MAFIAA Gangster Admits Lies

Software body slams uk.gov's 'special treatment' of music biz

,----[ Quote ]
| The Government's Digital Britain plan is a failure that gives favourable
| treatment to the music business and props up failed business models, a
| software trade body has said.
|
| The Federation Against Software Theft and Investors in Software (FAST IiS),
| which promotes the legitimate use of software, has launched a stinging attack
| on the Digital Britain report and on the way the music industry has
| approached the threat of digital piracy.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/02/12/fast_on_carter/

Former EMI Boss: Fight Against Illicit P2P is “Useless”

,----[ Quote ]
| No longer working for EMI, in an interview with Joakim from Norway’s
| Dagbladet, Johansen - unrestrained from the shackles of a forced corporate
| line - speaks freely, noting that while he took a salary from EMI he felt
| obliged to defend their stance.
|
| He now believes the music industry’s fight against piracy has been useless
| and says he disagrees with the assertion that illicit file-sharing is the
| same as theft. Referring to an earlier EMI anti-piracy initiative, Johansen
| noted, “The message of that campaign is that there is a reason why we have
| copyright, and I agree.”
`----

http://torrentfreak.com/former-emi-boss-fight-against-illicit-p2p-is-useless-090212/

Recent:

ACTA Proposal Would Criminalize Substantial Non-Commercial Infringement

,----[ Quote ]
| With various governments still insisting that ACTA negotiations must be done
| in near total secrecy, various folks are working hard to at least shine some
| sunlight on the details. Michael Geist discusses what he's been able to piece
| through, and it's not pretty. The only good news is that everything is still
| in the early stages, and there's some disagreement among the participating
| trade reps concerning how certain things should work. However, that's about
| the only good news.
`----

http://techdirt.com/articles/20090203/1526293627.shtml

88% of YouTube is New and Original Content, Professor Says

,----[ Quote ]