[News] Distribution of Mandrake Founder Solicits Testers

Looking for 50 Windows & Linux applications Ulteo Open Virtual Desktop beta
testers

,----[ Quote ]
| We hope that you are all doing ok in these difficult times. Maybe Ulteo can
| help you in some ways to achieve your professional goals.
|
| On our side we have been busy developing the Ulteo Open Virtual desktop beta
| for Windows applications or a mix Windows and Linux applications in the same
| desktop or from a web page. We are now looking for just 50 private beta users
| who commit to try and test it and send us feedback between Feb. 26 and March
| 7. 2009.
`----

http://blog.ulteo.com/?p=38

Recent:

Ulteo unveils the first Open Source virtual desktop, providing businesses with
quicker, cheaper deployment and easier applications management

,----[ Quote ]
| Following its commitment to desktop virtualization solutions, Ulteo, an Open
| Virtual Desktop Infrastructure company, announced today that they were
| releasing the first installable version of their Open Virtual Desktop
| solution for enterprises. Delivering faster deployment times and ease of
| management for the IT department, this first release can be integrated easily
| into an existing professional Linux or Windows IT environment. The solution
| can be up and running in a few minutes, delivering rich desktop applications
| to corporate users.
`----

http://www.ulteo.com/home/en/news/2008/11/19?autolang=en

Running a GNU/Linux desktop on the web with Ulteo

,----[ Quote ]
| Ulteo is a brave, innovative, useful and interesting concept. It may be
| unique in terms of the feature mix but it is possible to put together
| individual packages to mimic them. For the power user who is familiar with
| protocols and the command line this is meat and drink but for the average
| user Ulteo packages them altogether in one easy GUI via a web browser. There
| is of course always a danger that in striving to be a jack of all trades you
| end up being the master of none but I think that Ulteo has done enough, even
| at this relatively early stage, to merit inclusion in every user’s toolkit. I
| will certainly be watching it with interest for future developments.
`----

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/columns/running_remote_linux_desktop_web_ulteo

Ulteo Virtual Desktop: Letting Linux Do Windows

,----[ Quote ]
| While Test Center reviewers with Linux knowledge didn't really see the
| usefulness of the application, others with limited familiarity were wowed by
| it. The biggest value of the Ulteo Virtual Desktop is in letting newcomers to
| Linux get acquainted with it in a comfortable, Windows environment. All of
| the included applications are integrated seamlessly, with easy access to the
| Desktop and My Documents folders, as well as network connectivity. Similar to
| the KDE layout, the Ulteo Virtual Desktop's interface is easy to navigate and
| the included array of graphics viewers and editors, multimedia players,
| office-based programs, and utilities are intuitive to those unfamiliar with
| them. Mozilla's FireFox Web browser and ThunderBird mail client are the
| default, as is the Kopete IM client.
|
| Considering that this is not even a version 1 beta, we have high hopes for
| Ulteo Virtual Desktop. It allows Linux novices to dip their toes into the
| water without any fear, and lets Linux pros use their favorite applications
| when they are forced to be in a Windows environment.
`----

http://www.crn.com/software/208400377

Run Native Linux Applications in Windows Vista - Via Ulteo Virtual Desktop

,----[ Quote ]
| Binaries tailored specifically to the open source Linux operating system can
| coexist on the same desktop with Windows Vista and Windows XP programs via
| Ulteo Virtual Desktop. Essentially, the
| promise of the Ulteo Virtual Desktop is to deliver Linux applications on
| Windows via the Ulteo panel. The virtualized environment will permit end
| users to run native Linux solutions right on the Windows Vista desktop, and
| integration complete down to the level of sharing the Windows Aero graphical
| user interface.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Run-Native-Linux-Applications-in-Windows-Vista-86390.shtml

Flipping the Linux switch: Switching, literally, with Ulteo Virtual Desktop

,----[ Quote ]
| Like andLinux, Ulteo's Virtual Desktop (often referred to with the rather
| misfortunate name UlteoVD) runs off a coLinux base. There is no
| virtualization software involved. But we'd especially recommend UlteoVD for
| those pondering whether a Linux switch could work for them, for a number of
| reasons.We'd recommend UlteoVD first to people who are currently using or
| could see themselves using their previous services. Ulteo started by offering
| OpenOffice.org in a browser, coupled with syncing services. Nice, for sure.
| They then offered an installable Ulteo disk, which felt a lot like Ubuntu in
| many ways, with the noticeable difference of automatic updates (as in, no
| user interaction) and syncing with the browser based services.
`----

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2008/05/20/flipping-the-linux-switch-switching-literally-with-ulteo-virt/
http://tinyurl.com/46jn4x

Ulteo — My digital life made simple

,----[ Quote ]
| Now, after two years, there is a successive release of the Ulteo
| distribution. The purpose of the Beta1 Ulteo Application System is to feature
| what it can develop into in the nearest future, especially considering the
| Ulteo Online Desktop.
`----

http://polishlinux.org/linux/ulteo/ulteo-my-digital-life-made-simple/

Ulteo Application System Beta 1 - the FOSSwire review

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://fosswire.com/2008/03/28/ulteo-application-system-beta-1-the-fosswire-review/