[News] KDE 4.2 Hits the Spot

KDE 4.2

,----[ Quote ]
| I now use KDE 4.2 and haven’t looked back.
|
| Why? Keep reading.
`----

http://linuxowns.wordpress.com/2009/02/11/kde-42/

Recent:

KDE 4.2 Review

,----[ Quote ]
| I recently did a bunch of package unmasking in my desktop Gentoo installation
| and did an emerge of KDE 4 .2 and I thought I would share my experiences in
| my shiny new desktop environment (unfortunately I was unable to see how
| Amarok2 integrated with KDE 4.2 due to some MySQL embedded compilation issues
| for 64-bit Linux).
|
| [...]
|
| Overall, KDE 4.2 feels like a HUGE step forward for the KDE 4.X releases and
| is more what I would have expected the initial KDE 4.0 release to have been.
| This release feels like a usable desktop and has definitely made me 180 on my
| post KDE 4.0 release switch to GNOME. The KDE developers have made a strong
| case on why those users who switched away from KDE because of any
| disappointment in the 4.0 release should come running back.
`----

http://www.linux-ninja.com/2009/02/07/kde-42-review/

KDE 4.2.0 on my netbook

,----[ Quote ]
| It’s just great! Update from 4.1.4 went smoothly, thanks to Gentoo’s KDE
| maintainers, great work!
`----

http://patrick-nagel.net/blog/archives/105

KDE 4.2 Screen Shots

http://www.lampwebsitedesign.com/index.php?linux&release=KDE%204.2

KDE 4.2: I'm tired of Pundits, Here's MY Take

,----[ Quote ]
| For those who say that they cannot deal with a new desktop, get over
| yourselves. KDE 4 is not really that radically different in the big picture.
| I mean, you run programs on a desktop! Sure things are being done a little
| differently than KDE 3.5, but get a grip for a second, the KDE 4 series is
| definitely still KDE at its core. It is not rocket science to learn KDE 4.2
| if you really knew what you were doing in 3.5, and the payoff will be a very
| refined desktop that is both visually pleasing as well as very functional.
`----

http://randomtechoutburst.blogspot.com/2009/01/kde-42-im-tired-of-pundits-heres-my.html

KDE 4.2 Is The Answer

,----[ Quote ]
| For the first time, the KDE 4 series achieves feature completion to make it a
| great rival to KDE 3 and a perfect choice for future KDE distributions. Sure,
| I found some issues with this release, but all the great features and
| improvements more than make up for it, and not everyone is as picky as I am.
| Overall, KDE 4.2 is used happily on all of my comptuers and I look forward to
| further developments from the KDE team.
`----

http://www.itnewstoday.com/?p=167

a big day

,----[ Quote ]
| Lots of dancing and drinking afterwards at the after parties (plural :) and
| when I eventually got up mid-morning I had a couple hundred emails waiting
| for me, way too many of which required my attention. I ended up unexpectedly
| in a few online meetings which altered my expected schedule significantly. Oh
| well, tomorrow's another day ... on which I have two more presentations to
| give.
|
| In that same time, The Dot got a great new look and KDE 4.2 was released.
|
| Exciting times indeed!
`----

http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2009/01/big-day.html

New features in KDE 4.2