[News] Segway Gets Open Source (Ish) Component

The DIY, open source, self-balancing ride-on robot

,----[ Quote ]
| To do this with software requires some complex mathematics called
| Proportional Integral Derivative (PID) and that’s where the ‘open source’
| part of this project comes in very handy.
`----

http://www.gizmag.com/diy-segway/10939/

Recent:

Open Source Mathematics

,----[ Quote ]
| Maths is a famously lonely discipline - I should know, having spent three
| years of my life grappling with a single equation (the equation won).
| Mathematicians meet, and collaborate, it's true; but what would a truly open
| source approach to the process of solving mathematical problems look like?
`----

http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/2009/01/open-source-mathematics.html

Mathematics Students Make Prime Discovery

,----[ Quote ]
| An algorithm to check the necessary cases – still easily hundreds of
| trillions of cases – was programmed using a Linux version of the computer
| language C++.
`----

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/11/081117220257.htm

Related:

Mathematica Supports ODF for Spreadsheets

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.groklaw.net/newsitems.php
http://reference.wolfram.com/mathematica/ref/format/ODS.html