[News] Ubuntu GNU/Linux Gets the Jobs Done in Household

Ubuntu - Using The Right Tool For The Job

,----[ Quote ]
| I’ve had several business people ask me about using Ubuntu instead of Windows
| and I’ve always steered them away for one reason.  Microsoft Office doesn’t
| run on Ubuntu.  Yes, you can get Open Office and use that, or you could use
| Google Docs.  But you will inevitably run into file sharing issues.  If you
| are absolutely sure that you will  not need to share files with anyone using
| Microsoft Office, and you meet all of the other requirements above, you might
| want to consider Ubutu as well.
|
| If you want to play with Ubutu on Windows, you CAN install it in a Virtual PC
| environment to make sure it will do everything you need it to do before you
| make the official switch.
`----

http://blog.dmbcllc.com/2009/02/09/ubuntu-using-the-right-tool-for-the-job/

Recent:

Ubuntu developers visiting Ubuntu Berlin and c-base - plus interview with Mark
Shuttleworth

,----[ Quote ]
| By chance the Ubuntu Developer Sprint happened to be in Berlin for the next
| Jaunty release this week. If I got it right, the Canonical Ubuntu developers
| meet five days around two weeks before a release feature freeze and work in
| groups and issues that need to be decided/designed or just fixed immediatly.
| The incredible Daniel Holbach had the idea of inviting the bunch of
| developers right into the c-base after their work. So he did and we scheduled
| it for an evening when the Ubuntu Berlin crew also meets at c-base for their
| monthly jour fix.
`----

http://www.screenage.de/blog/2009/02/06/ubuntu-developers-visiting-ubuntu-berlin-and-c-base-with-interview-with-mark-shuttleworth/

Interview with Ubuntu Developer Jordan Mantha

,----[ Quote ]
| I’ve been working on Ubuntu since just before Breezy Badger was released
| (around September of 2005). I got involved with Edubuntu later on around May
| of 2006.
`----

http://jaysonrowe.wordpress.com/2009/01/07/interview-with-ubuntu-developer-jordan-mantha/

Keeping Tabs (Virtually) on the Ubuntu Developer Summit

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/keeping-tabs-virtually-on-the-ubuntu-developer-summit