[News] Lists of Great GNU/Linux Applications

10 Most Awesome Linux Applications

,----[ Quote ]
| I know, I know.  Not another blog post that lists the “top 10 something or
| other”.  But bear with me.
|
| I’ve been thinking a lot lately about what makes a given application awesome.
| I use a lot of applications every day, many I couldn’t do my job without… but
| not all of them are awesome.
|
| It’s hard to describe just what “awesome” is.  It could be the reliability of
| something.  Or the sheer joy it brings when you use it.  Or that it does
| something truly unique and inspiring.
|
| With that in mind… my list of the top 10 most awesome applications for the
| Linux desktop (in no particular order).
`----

http://lunduke.com/?p=131

23 Useful System Applications for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| I earlier wrote about  Top 5 BitTorrent Clients for Ubuntu Linux, 7 Awesome
| 3D Graphic Design Applications for Linux , 23 Free Ubuntu Linux Login Screens
| and Top 10 Free Video Editors for Linux . It’s always great to have Linux
| Alternatives to popular applications so I’ve decided to write about some of
| the most useful System applications for Linux including Cd burners, Aniti
| Virus, FTP solutions and instant messengers that you can download today.
`----

http://techcityinc.com/2009/02/23-useful-system-applications-for-linux/

50 Tutorials To Get You Started With Gimp

,----[ Quote ]
| Gimp has been famously known as the “poor man’s Photoshop”, and perhaps
| rightfully so. That’s a complement Gimp won’t mind taking. While it would be
| an unfair comparison to make between Gimp and Photoshop, Gimp can easily meet
| needs of most amateur image editors out there and then some. Since its
| release in 1995 Gimp has come a long way in to being the most powerful image
| editing tool freely available out there. With these tutorials we hope to
| vanish some of the doubts you might have had about Gimp’s ability as a
| powerful image editor.
`----

http://www.linuxhaxor.net/2009/02/09/50-tutorials-to-get-you-started-with-gimp/

Recent:

26 Open Source Security Apps with Commercial Support

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/osrc/article.php/3799501/26-Open-Source-Security-Apps-with-Commercial-Support.htm