Re: [News] [Rival] Cringley on Debt-sunk Microsoft, New Linux Gadgets

  this bit o' wisdom:

> ,----[ Quote ]
>| New Kindle?
>|
>| A few hours from when I?m writing this Amazon will reportedly introduce the
>| second-generation Kindle ebook reader.  A lot of money has been lost on
>| ebooks over the years and I have my doubts that the Kindle is yet profitable.
>| Still, if any company can make a go of eBooks it is probably Amazon.  As for
>| what?s in the new Kindle I?ll take a chance and guess right here.
> `----
>
> http://www.cringely.com/2009/02/yahoo-should-buy-microsoft/

I wonder if the Kindle has the kind of hacking community that the OLPC XO
has.  If I had known about the XO's hackability, I would have been even more
eager to get one to hack on.

Heh heh:

--
patent:
	A method of publicizing inventions so others can copy them.