[News] Songbird Does Well on GNU/Linux, New FLOSS Weekly Audiocast

Singing The Praises Of Songbird 1.0

,----[ Quote ]
| THERE'S no shortage of quality music player/jukebox software available on the
| internet and in the past I've used iTunes, Amarok, Rhythmbox, Exaile,
| Audacious and several others.
`----

http://reddevil62-techhead.blogspot.com/2009/02/singing-praises-of-songbird-10.html

FLOSS Weekly 55: jQuery

http://twit.tv/floss55

Recent:

FLOSS 49: XMPP

,----[ Quote ]
| Hosts: Randal Schwartz and Leo Laporte
|
| Guest: Peter Saint-Andre on Jabber/XMPP.
|
| Here's what's coming up for FLOSS in the future. Think your open source
| project should be on FLOSS Weekly? Email Randal at merlyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
|
| Thanks to Cachefly for providing the bandwidth for this podcast, and
| Lullabot's Jeff Robbins, web designer and musician, for our theme music.
`----

http://twit.tv/floss49

iTunes Wishes it Could be Like Songbird

,----[ Quote ]
| Better than iTunes? Yes. Replacement for iTunes? No, because of the
| proprietary nature of iTunes and iPods, Songbird can never fully provide the
| same functions you will get with iTunes while using with Apple products,
| which is why Songbird is yet to have support for iPhone/iPod touch. But for
| Linux users who can’t use iTunes, Songbird is the best option not only as an
| iTunes replacement but arguably the best Linux media player out there.
`----

http://www.linuxhaxor.net/2009/02/03/itunes-wishes-it-could-be-like-songbird/

Review : Songbird - Sleek , Simple and Feature rich cross-platform Music Player

,----[ Quote ]
| I had reviewed Songbird close to two years back , and at that time Songbird
| was impressive but was bug ridden, lacked important features and certain
| degree of polishing which was expected from an application intended to be
| used on Desktops. Songbird 1.0 is an entirely different story altogether,
| Songbird 1.0 is mature, has slick interface and most importantly is stable
| enough to be used by newbiess.
`----

http://linuxondesktop.blogspot.com/2009/01/review-songbird-sleek-simple-and.html

Songbird 1.0 Review - An Awesome Release!

,----[ Quote ]
| Well, Songbird definitely became a major player with this release. With
| plenty of features and a wonderful approach, I can say I warmly recommend
| Songbird as the primary audio player to anyone, and at least a try if you
| haven't used it yet. It's powerful and it practically acts like a music
| centre for an audiophile.
`----

http://tuxarena.blogspot.com/2009/01/songbird-10-review-awesome-release.html

Goodbye Rhythmbox, Welcome Songbird!

,----[ Quote ]
| Although I don't like to admit it, I have always liked the
| iTunes media player. I know it hogs so much RAM, and that
| it loves to crash half way through your most loved song -
| but it is so sexy. I wasn't too keen on the idea of
| installing and running it through Wine, as it would only
| use even more RAM then before. I settled for Ryhthmbox in
| the end, even though it didn't really compare at all to
| iTunes. I finally had enough of its uglyness this evening,
| and went on the search to find a better alternative. After
| a bit of Googling,I had found it!
`----

http://jamsubuntu.blogspot.com/2008/12/goodbye-rhythmbox-welcome-songbird.html

Songbird 1.0

,----[ Quote ]
| Songbird is a good audio player, no doubt about it.
|
| I only tested it for about an hour, but it seemed stable to me.
|
| But I will never use it on my Ubuntu pc’s.
|
| I’m a Compiz Fusion guy and like my apps to integrate with the DE (Desktop
| Enviroment, aka Gnome).
`----

http://linuxowns.wordpress.com/2008/12/05/songbird-10/

Music and browsing take flight in Songbird

,----[ Quote ]
| Music and browsing mashup Songbird has kicked the remnants of its shell to
| the curb.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17939_109-10111947-2.html

Songbird’s Open-Source Music Player Finally Takes Flight

,----[ Quote ]
| Way back in February of 2006, I wrote about an early version of Songbird, a
| music-playing app that aspired to be an open-source rival to iTunes. I was
| guardedly positive. It took way longer than I would have guessed, but the
| Songbird folks finally unveiled an official version 1.0 of the application
| today. This final release bears surprisingly little resemblance to that first
| version. And while I’m still digging into it, I’m impressed.
`----

http://technologizer.com/2008/12/02/songbirds-open-source-music-player-finally-takes-flight/

Open Source iTunes Competitor Songbird Officially Released

,----[ Quote ]
| Songbird is like an open source version of iTunes that handles just about
| everything that program does, while swapping out the iTunes store interface
| in favor of the world's music blogs.
`----

http://blog.wired.com/music/2008/12/songbird-the-op.html

10 of the Best Songbird Add-ons

,----[ Quote ]
| The first stable version of Songbird has been unleashed. Considered by many
| as the Firefox of media players due to its extensibility, this open source
| iTunes replacement has a bright future ahead.
`----

http://www.junauza.com/2008/12/10-of-best-songbird-add-ons.html

A media player for the times: Songbird

,----[ Quote ]
| After about two years in the works, Pioneers of the Inevitable have released
| Songbird, a Mozilla-based music player, with which, POTI aims to do for music
| what Mozilla did with Firefox: provide an open source customizable
| multiplatform music player.
`----

http://mozillalinks.org/wp/2008/12/a-media-player-for-the-times-songbird/

Songbird 1.0.0 Released [Featured Download]

http://yabblog.com/2008/12/03/songbird-1/

Songbird gets ready to fly with 1.0 release candidate

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://arstechnica.com/journals/linux.ars/2008/11/06/songbird-1-0-release-candidate-now-available