Re: Google Has the Edge in On-line Office Suites

On 2009-02-05, nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> claimed:

> I have some friends who are using Google Docs for a collaborative
> project, and they like it very much.

I hope they aren't using it at a place of business.

I installed Google Earth on a computer a couple of years ago. I only
used it maybe twice, and then I forgot about it. They got a bill for it
at work last year. I forget what the amount was, but it was over
$1,000.

They charge for business use. It's in the terms. But I only used it as
an individual, and not much at all. Since it was at work, though, they
determined it was business use and charged for it.

I had a spreadsheet that I was sharing with a couple people at work. I
got rid of it before it started incurring charges. I don't know that it
would. But I certainly didn't want another bill sent downtown.

I'd be very careful about using things like that as collaborative
applications in work places. Maybe if it serves as a home thing that
gets accessed from work sometimes. Like my email addresses. But I
wouldn't want to take the chance with sharing documents and the like.

--
Microsoft: The company that made web surfing dangerous. And email.
And instant messaging. And writing letters,and online banking, and viewing