Re: question about the ISO standard

Tim Smith wrote:

In article <2307203.pcblhNxOc2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,

ODF can be implemented (already *is*) under Linux; OOXML cannot. In fact, no application implements OOXML. It's a decoy, a patent trap, and a story of endless corruption.

Note what Roy is doing there.  He claims no application implements OOXML.  He basis this on the fact that no application (as far as I know) is 100% compliant with the spec ..

Erog no application implements OOXML ..

"I'd go with that. I think ISO/IEC 26300 (ODF 1.0) can be compared to a neat house built on good foundations which is not finished; 29500 (OOXML) is a baroque cliffside castle replete with toppling towers, secret passages and ghosts: it is all too finished."

http://www.consortiuminfo.org/standardsblog/article.php?story=20080407120223550#comments