Re: "Sermo Malife" = Gary Stewart?

Verily I say unto thee, that Chris Ahlstrom spake thusly:
> After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out this bit o'
> wisdom:

>> Gary is a criminal, he's not civil.
[...]
> I do agree that Gary /seems/ to have been involved in some scurrilous
> slurs against you.

There's that ... and the money he stole, which was donations intended to
support his ailing BBS.

[quote]
One day his BBS stopped running taking with it GaSpNet.  He started
leaving messages on other BBS's of the then late GaSpNet begging for
donations to repair his BBS.  After collecting a sizeable sum, (so it
was claimed), rather than repairing his BBS and going back on-line and
bringing his network back to life, he moved back east with the money.
He was the thirdsysop in the area to pull a stunt like that.  Gary's
stunt marked the beginning of the end of BBS's in this area.  Callers
and fellow sysops were nologer too willing to pay for BBS access or to
help a sysop in financial trouble keep his BBS running.
[/quote]

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/alt.linux.sux/msg/5ed02a1bfce9c723?hl=en&dmode=source

Then there's the episode where he stole a boxed commercial GNU/Linux
distro worth $29.95, specifically Mandrake 8.0, from CompUSA in July
2001, by copying the CD four times and passing the copies out to four of
his friends, then returning the original to CompUSA for a store credit:

[quote]