[News] Mandriva Linux Champions a 'Foreign' Sub-notebook

Linux on the HP 2133 Mini-Note, Part 3

,----[ Quote ]
| I will be continuing to use Mandriva on the HP, and see if everything else
| really is working as well as it appears at first glance. If it is, this may
| turn out to be my preferred Linux on this netbook. I'm also going to be
| looking into the updated openchrome display driver that I have installed - if
| I can get that installed and working on the other distributions, it would
| make life much easier.
`----

http://community.zdnet.co.uk/blog/0,1000000567,10012058o-2000498448b,00.htm

Vista 7[sic] is a joke for sub-notebooks.

Please pay attention to the latest news about it running no more than 3
applications (!!). The vapourware is finally  being revealed for what it
really is.

Here's a good slogan.

"Hi! I'm Linux, and I can run more than 3 applications at a time."

Ubuntu vs Mandriva : Clash of the titans !

,----[ Quote ]
| I have used both of them for quite a long time and I think I can do a better
| and unbiased comparison... This is not a review so don't expect too much..
| Just a small wrap up for people out there looking for newbie desktop... and a
| report to Mandriva community..
`----

http://www.techenclave.com/open-source/ubuntu-vs-mandriva-clash-of-titans-127701.html

Recent:

EMTEC unveils new Gdium netbook

,----[ Quote ]
| It appears that EMTEC’s new Gdium netbook is ready for prime-time, or in this
| case, ready for display at CES.  We went hands-on with a non-functioning
| prototype of the Gdium last August at IFA 2008 and now have pictures and
| specs for what appears to be the final product.
`----

http://www.slashgear.com/emtec-unveils-new-gdium-netbook-0729143/

EMTEC bringing 10-inch Gdium netbook to America for $400

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.engadget.com/2008/12/30/emtec-bringing-10-inch-gdium-netbook-to-america-for-400/