[News] New Ubuntu Magazine, Promotion on Server & Desktop

Full Circle magazine: Issue 21

,----[ Quote ]
| Sorry again for the delay folks, but here it is: FCM#21!
|
| * Command and Conquer - Formatting Output. (shell script can be downloaded
|   from this page)
| * How-To : Program in C - Part 5, Web Development - Part 2, Changing Video
|   Aspect Ratios & Ubuntu ISO to Bootable USB.
| * My Story - Creative Zen V Plus in Ubuntu
| * Game Review - Tribal Trouble 2
| * My Opinion - Missed Opportunity
| * MOTU Interview - Nicolas Valcarcel
| * Top 5 - Torrent Tools
| * PLUS - FCM#20 Survey Results
`----

http://fullcirclemagazine.org/issue-21/

The case for Ubuntu on the server

,----[ Quote ]
| Something I haven't discussed much over the years is Ubuntu's usefulness on
| servers. The original idea behind Ubuntu was to take Debian, a super-stable
| distribution that's always had more success on servers than desktops, and
| polish it up for desktop use, with easier installation and configuration and
| a quick, regular release cycle.
`----

http://www.pcauthority.com.au/News/136027,the-case-for-ubuntu-on-the-server.aspx

Welcome to Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| When it comes to software nothing could be bigger than the operating system
| that runs the computer — even here, there are freeware operating systems
| based on Linux that enthusiasts and even casual users can install.
|
| Currently, the most full-featured and user-friendly freeware operating system
| has got to be Ubuntu, a Linux-based consumer and server grade operating
| system that’s been getting better and better with each upgrade.
`----

http://star-techcentral.com/tech/story.asp?file=/2009/2/3/prodit/3151249&sec=prodit

Recent:

DE: Böblingen considering migration to Open Source desktop

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.epractice.eu/document/5303