[News] GNU/Linux a Perfect Match for Weak Machines

Take a hard look at the command line.

,----[ Quote ]
| When I started up my first computer I was very excited. I unpacked it from
| its box. Set it up on a table and turned it on. As the screen flickered into
| life my excitement mounted. Watching it boot up with some unknown messages
| scrolling up the screen my excitement became almost unbearable. Then there
| was a beep and a black screen with a flashing green block. My excitement
| flashed over into puzzlement. What am I supposed to do?
`----

http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/locutus/take-a-hard-look-at-the-command-line-29719

Out With The Slow, In With The Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| If you’re hesitant to convert you may want to consider creating a dual boot
| system so that you can switch back and forth between Windows and Linux until
| you are comfortable making the switch.
|
| Either way you have options when it comes to choosing an Operating System
| that is right for you so don’t feel like all you have is Windows or Macs to
| choose from .
`----

http://www.trainsignaltraining.com/why-choose-linux-over-other-operating-systems/2009-02-02/

Recent:

Giving life back to an OLD laptop

,----[ Quote ]
| This laptop belongs to a good friend and she loved it when I told her that we
| can give a new life to her laptop using GNU/Linux. This is an Toshiba
| Satellite Sro 435CDS built around 12 years ago. Specs? Pentium 120, 32 MB
| ram, 4 GB Hard. Yes this laptop has been upgrade a few years ago to highest
| supported specs.
`----

http://jadi.net/2009/01/giving-life-back-to-an-old-laptop/

Android on netbooks is BIG money for Google

,----[ Quote ]
| If Google gets this right, the possibilities are tremendous. Currently Google
| plans to use 30% of the revenue generated from sales of Android applications
| to pay carriers and billing settlement fees. Think about it though — that 30%
| only makes sense if we’re talking about mobile devices on a wireless network.
| I’d suspect that the 30% rake will still exist when Android makes its way
| into netbooks — and in that case, Google would be the sole recipient of the
| money. Imagine if Google was able to make 30% on all software sold for their
| operating system — that should make investors happy.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Google/?p=1218

Related:

Does Anyone Buy Software Anymore?