[News] Linux Contest is Near

The "I'm Linux" Video Contest

,----[ Quote ]
| That said, there’s a world of difference between billion-dollar proprietary
| software companies and a grassroots community of mass collaboration. For one
| thing, the available budget is enormously different, but making up for this,
| Linux arguably has a far more passionate and enthusiastic fan base. (Well,
| moreso than Microsoft anyway; I think we all know Apple fans are in a league
| of their own!)
|
| Consequently, and considering these two points, the Linux Foundation have
| opted not to embark on their own production but rather sponsor a community
| contest, exploiting the minds and talents of Linuxphiles globally.
`----

http://www.thetuxproject.com/?q=node/319#comment-983

Recent:

Open Season for Linux Contests

,----[ Quote ]
| The four contests all involve creativity, judges, and significant prizes
| including a trip to France for one, and a trip to Japan for another.  So,
| whether you look at these contests as a chance to show off your video skills,
| go after real prize money, or just a fun way to participate in the big,
| online discussion that is Linux, there’s room for all.
`----

http://www.linux-foundation.org/weblogs/amanda/2009/01/24/open-season-for-linux-contests/

"BeagleBot" cruises on Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| A Linux-powered robot project has won the first monthly design contest
| sponsored by "BeagleBoard.org," a group promoting a low-cost, Linux-friendly
| single board computer (SBC) with an ARM Cortex-A8-based processor. Antti
| Seppanen's "BeagleBot" is a partially autonomous, WiFi-enabled robot with
| servos, sensor, and webcam.

Qt Software Lures Fun-Loving Developers

,----[ Quote ]
| Qt Software, formerly Trolltech, reminds us in a YouTube video about their
| Pimp My Widgets contest. Deadline is December 31, 2008.
`----

http://www.linux-magazine.com/online/news/qt_software_lures_fun_loving_developers

Google announces Android Market and Android Challenge winners

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/115236