Re: kurd lures turkish military with x-rated spyware ..

____/ Sinister Midget on Tuesday 03 February 2009 17:44 : \____

> On 2009-02-03, Sermo Malifer <sermomalifer@xxxxxxxxxxx> claimed:
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>>
>>> ____/ Doug Mentohl on Tuesday 03 February 2009 15:01 : \____

>>> That's why they are moving to Linux in the Turkish military.
>>
>> There's nothing in the article about the Turkish military moving to
>> Linux.    Linux isn't mentioned at all.  Changing software systems isn't
>> mentioned at all.
>
> He didn't say it did.
>
> It was more like someone saying they own a particular type of
> automobile that's a piece of crap, and somebody else saying, "That's
> why I won't own a Ford." The first person may not have mentioned Ford.
> But the second person found some similarity to their own situation and
> made a somewhat related statement.
>
> If you can't see a relationship, or cause and effect situation, between
> the article and Roy's statement, I'll be glad to help.

Real answers to the question “Can you run your business on Linux and open
source?”

,----[ Quote ]
| The first response was again very positive. “I have [a] connection with a
| number who do this and all reckon they have saved lots of money” he said.
|
| [...]
|
| He continued, “For the client OS migration, we are experiencing a large scale
| project for the Turkish Military now. 5.500 clients will migrate to Pardus (a
|                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| Turkish government-backed Linux distribution.)”
| He concluded with some words of advice to make a desktop Linux deployment be
| successful: “For the client, you need a usable distribution (Pardus, Kubuntu,
| Suse, etc) with support for Flash, Java, PDF files, and every imaginable
| multimedia format right out of the box. That is, if you install Linux with
| just clicking on next and these come. Then almost 99% of ordinary desktop
| users will be satisfied.”
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/15508/1141/1/2/

- --
                ~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "In hell, treason is the work of angels"
         run-level 5  Jan 22 15:13                   last=S