Re: Mac flirts with 10 per cent web share---Windows on the wane

____/ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on Monday 02 February 2009 21:13 : \____

> <Quote>
> Web-use statistics prove that the Mac continues to gain market share
> from Windows-based PCs.
>
> According to Web analyst outfit Net Applications, Mac-run browsers
> accounted for nearly 10 per cent of all web hits in January, coming in
> at 9.93 per cent. That's an increase of 0.3 per centage points from
> December...
>
> While a 0.3 per cent Mac increase may seem small, two factors should
> give Windows fanbois pause....
>
> [First] A 3.6 per cent rise for Apple in 2009 - should it happen -
> would have to come out of someone's hide. And it certainly won't be
> Amiga's.
>
> Second, the Mac's strong December performance could have been
> explained away by the fact that December is a stay-at-home month and
> that the Mac is a stronger player in the home market than it is in
> business.
>
> But January was back-to-work time, and still, the Mac continued to
> nibble away at Windows, even though office folks were browsing away on
> their corporate Windows boxes.
>
> Further bad news for Ballmer et al: In January of 2009, according to
> Net Applications, 88.26 per cent of web browsing was done from
> machines running Windows. In January of 2008, that percentage was 91.5
> per cent....
> </Quote>
>
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/02/02/mac_marketshare_up/

So Apple has less than 10% in the only country that actually buy those
products?

Net Applications = United States, referrals only (not real traffic), secret
list of sites in the sample.

Net Applications admits to skewed statistics

,----[ Quote ]
| In an article at "The Industry Standard", Net Applications apparently admit
| that their numbers are skewed. More specifically, they admit that they are
| skewed towards certain regions of the world (US-centric, anyone?). In such an
| amazing moment of honesty, I wonder why they didn't also admit to actively
| editing their own statistics.
`----

http://my.opera.com/haavard/blog/2008/12/03/net-applications-admits-to-skewed-statistics

Net Applications = a lie so big it makes Goebbels shy.

- --
                ~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: Digits 772-777 of Pi are 999999
         run-level 5  Jan 22 15:13                   last=S