[News] Free Software Can Save Failing Markets/Products

Can open source save the debt market?

,----[ Quote ]
| Will this release actually help unwind the market and return some order to
| the debt market? Or is this just J.P. Morgan throwing some bad code over the
| side and hoping for a pat-on-the-back at a time when its credibility is near
| zero?
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=3387

Open source is in IT, but what about ET?

,----[ Quote ]
| Friedman cites open source software as one of his ‘flatteners,’ a factor or
| impact that will work to level the competitive playing field on a global
| basis. Friedman demonstrates a decent understanding of open source, but I
| wonder what the role and impact of open source practices and strategies of
| sharing and openness will be within the emergent energy technology industry.
|
| Free and open source software has certainly had a far-reaching and deep
| impact on enterprise software development and business and arguably on the IT
| industry as a whole. Will any of the entrants into ET see the potential to
| take this tool of development and distribution to help spread the next best
| forms of power generation, distribution and use?
`----

http://blogs.the451group.com/opensource/2009/01/28/open-source-is-in-it-but-what-about-et/

Recent:

Move over PC and Mac; it's time for "I'm Linux"

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/22730/1143/