Re: [News] Sun Improves Java Mobile Platform, Google Offers Desktop Mobility

Verily I say unto thee, that Lusotec spake thusly:
> Roy Schestowitz wrote:

>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Google is to launch a service that would enable users to access
>> | their personal computer from any internet connection

Like ssh, or any one of a number of different services (vnc, nfs)
tunnelled over ssh, for example?

> Who would want to use a Internet based file system when a local file
> system is at least an order of magnitude faster?!

Well, I'd have a problem transporting my 10TB fileserver with me on the
move, so remote access to that would be nice. Of course, I don't
actually need Google for that.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It
|  is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." ~ William
|  Pitt the Younger

 02:31:41 up 83 days, 10:14,  5 users,  load average: 0.10, 0.05, 0.04