Re: The Fiona Bruce interview wil Billgatus on the beeb

Verily I say unto thee, that The Lost Packet spake thusly:

> the BBC is pissing me off. A while back they dedicated an entire
> episode of Click! to the prerelease of Vista,

Yes, here it is:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/nol/newsid_6340000/newsid_6348300/6348391.stm

Max Flint's (the presenter) final words say everything we need to know
about the MSBBC's "impartiality":

[transcript]
But Microsoft doesn't need to worry too much if people are put off by
the cost of an upgrade. Vista will be pre-installed on almost all new
computers, so they'll get the big sales anyway.

*That's the genius of Bill Gates' business*.
[/transcript]

There was a torrent of complaints over that half-hour advert (which is
exactly what it was) on what's supposed to be an ad-free, tax-funded,
impartial channel:

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/193/1038193/beeb-slammed-for-fawning-to-bill-gates

And more recently:

[quote]
The Open Source Consortium (OSC) has slammed the BBC’s recent coverage
of Microsoft for providing a “sales presentation” about its forthcoming
operating system, Windows 7.

A written complaint from the OSC about the coverage has winged its way
to the Beeb’s Fair Trading Unit, which has already deemed the openista
group’s grumbles as being classified an “issue of editorial choice.”

The BBC News website is now understood to be <strike>shredding the
letter</strike> dealing with the complaint.
[/quote]

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/11/11/osc_complains_beeb_windows_7_coverage/

Radio 1 did something similar last week (no URL, I just happened to be
listening at the time).

Of course this is all very unsurprising, given what we now know about
the MSBBC, and indeed the MS-(New)-Labour government that facilitates
this corruption. This is the same government that approved spyware
spammers (Phorm) secretly violating our privacy in collusion with BT,
then denied all knowledge of that violation, whilst ignoring demands
from the EU Commission for an explanation.

The UK should be moved to the bottom (worst) position of the corruption
list:

http://www.transparency.org/policy_research/surveys_indices/cpi/2008

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It
|  is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." ~ William
|  Pitt the Younger

 02:18:26 up 83 days, 10:01,  5 users,  load average: 0.04, 0.06, 0.05