Australian Goverment IIS-based Site Cracked

  • Subject: Australian Goverment IIS-based Site Cracked
  • From: Terry Porter <linux-2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 09:48:25 +1100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Thanks to RoyS for mentioning this in "[News] [Rival] Goverment IIS-based
Site Cracked."

Currently the site jobs.nsw.gov.au gives this message:-

===================================
Jobs.NSW is currently unavailable due to system maintenance.

If you have a query about an existing, recent or partially completed
application within jobs.nsw, click here for more information?

Important information regarding emails from jobs.nsw

The Department of Commerce is aware that some users of the recruitment
website, jobs.nsw, received spam emails advertising a non-existent job
vacancy.
The email requested the recipient reply to receive further information.

The Department has been advising people who contacted them after they
received the email not to reply and to delete it immediately.

Jobs.nsw does not send emails regarding employment opportunities within the
private sector and people should be wary of receiving unsolicited emails
claiming to be from the site.

The Department of Commerce is currently looking into the matter and has
alerted the relevant authorities.
====================================

Unfortunately Microsoft wormed it's way into the govt here in Australia long
ago, with a permanent paid lobbyist residing in Canberra (seat of Govt in
Oz)

Parliament was even recalled *just* to hear Bill Gates speak, the only time
it has ever happened to my knowledge.

As a result Microsoft software is mandated in most government areas,
including schools, and government departments in Australia.

And now of course, Australians are paying the price for this debacle, and I
guess we will just go on paying and paying ....

Netcraft info: jobs.nsw.gov.au
Web Server : Microsoft-IIS/5.0, Microsoft-IIS/4.0

indeed listen to.  Trolls are not among those people, as trolls, more or
          Kelsey Bjarnason, C.O.L.A. 2008