[News] Microsoft Admits Windows is Bad, GNU/Linux Destined to Win

Microsoft debunks Linux myths

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft acknowledges that Windows has a serious security problem, unlike
| Solaris or Linux systems. In the same sentence they also debunk the myth that
| Windows problems are solely due to their marketshare. The funny thing is that
| they try to "fix" their problems by pursuing the perpetrators. Although that
| is not a bad idea, it won't make Windows any more secure.
|
| Linux is not a threat to Windows
|
|     My conclusion: We are not on a path to win against Linux We must change
|     some things and we must do it immediately.
|
|     I have more and more clients asking me about it.
|
|     Is it something to worry about? I believe so.
|
|     We feel a huge threat from Linux.
|
|     I am scared.
|
| Your honor, I rest my case.
`----

http://thebeezspeaks.blogspot.com/2009/01/microsoft-debunks-linux-myths.html

"In the face of strong competition, Evangelism's focus may shift immediately to
the next version of the same technology, however. Indeed, Phase 1 (Evangelism
Starts) for version x+1 may start as soon as this Final Release of version X."

        Microsoft, internal document [PDF]
        http://boycottnovell.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/comes-3096.pdf

Recent:

Windows 7 no threat to netbook Linux