[News] Next Ubuntu GNU/Linux Looks Good Even as Alpha

Big Ubuntu Jaunty promises

,----[ Quote ]
| In April the Ubuntu development team will release the latest version of its
| operating system, codenamed Jaunty Jackalope.
|
| This release, officially known as Ubuntu 9.04, is expected to consolidate
| many of the changes begun in the last release in October, called Intrepid.
`----

http://mybroadband.co.za/news/Software/6677.html

Recent:

Ubuntu 9.04 Alpha 3 Screenshot Tour

,----[ Quote ]
| Originally scheduled to be released on January 15th, the third alpha version
| of the upcoming Ubuntu 9.04 (codename Jaunty Jackalope) was uploaded a few
| hours ago on the official mirrors and. As usual, we've downloaded a copy of
| it in order to keep you up-to-date with the latest changes in the Ubuntu 9.04
| development. To please our readers, starting with this third alpha, we will
| also list the new features brought by the Kubuntu edition, as well as the
| screenshot tour.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Ubuntu-9-04-Alpha-3-Screenshot-Tour-102217.shtml

An early glimpse of Ubuntu 9.04

,----[ Quote ]
| The biggest change that I noted was the addition of an encrypted private area
| to your home user area. In the times in which we live, I can certainly see
| that coming in useful though it may not set pulses racing in some quarters.
`----

http://technologytales.com/2008/11/27/an-early-glimpse-of-ubuntu-904/

Firefox 3.1, Linux 2.6.28 Enter Ubuntu 9.04

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Njg4NA