Re: Obama picks BSA's antipiracy enforcer for high-level post

On 2009-01-24, Erik Funkenbusch <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> claimed:

> I don't know if Obama will hold these people accountable either, but i
> think the odds are significantly higher.  It doesn't matter what someones
> connections are, if they're being held to a higher standard.

Oh. You mean like a Treasury Secretary who didn't pay his taxes for
years while working for the IMF and getting compensated extra to cover
the taxes he didn't pay, plus being given a statement 4 times each year
along with the extra compensation, then only paying half of the taxes
when he starts getting vetted for the job, and finally apologizes and
pays the other half when he gets caught not paying it.  That sort of
"higher standard"?

Or the person nominated as Secretary of State who has to divulge
foreign donors to her husband's Library and Massage Parlor@ as part of
the nominating process, and fails to name 2 of them, one who names
himself afterward because he didn't know they never gave his name as
they're required to do by law.  You mean that sort of "higher
standard"?

Looks like they're trying hard to adhere to the same sort of "higher
standard" as His Billness did when he made the statement below.

--
Bill Gates: "As long as they [China] are going to steal it, we want
them to steal ours. They'll get sort of addicted, and then we'll