Re: Obama picks BSA's antipiracy enforcer for high-level post

On Sat, 24 Jan 2009 00:25:33 +0000, Roy Schestowitz
<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>____/ George Barca on Friday 23 January 2009 20:43 : \____
>
>> On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 18:23:24 +0000, Doug Mentohl
>> <doug_mentohl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>>Obama has selected the Business Software Alliance's top antipiracy
>>>enforcer and general counsel, Neil MacBride, for a senior Justice
>>>Department post ..
>>>
>>>http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-10148807-38.html?tag=newsEditorsPicksArea.0
>>
>> That should be interesting indeed.
>
>He has already scooped up an RIAA lawyer for the government. Changing the wrong
>way...?
>
>Also today:
>
>http://www.stallman.org/archives/2008-nov-feb.html#23%20January%202009%20%28Obama%27s%20economic%20team%29
>
>"Obama has appointed an economic team  intimately tied to hedge funds and the
>deregulation that led us to depression. His choices also suggest he will do
>nothing to tax the rich heavily on their main source of income, capital
>gains."

Pretty sad indeed :(
I was hoping that because of Obama's inexperience, he would
surround himself with people who were top flight.
It seems that this is not the case at all.

I still think it remains to be seen what happens, but come on
already, a guy who can't do his taxes properly in charge of the
treasury?
Yikes!
That is truly scary.

George Barca