Re: Comes: How Microsoft Attacked Linux in Wal-Mart (Full Text, px09617)

7 wrote:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
> PX_09617
>

>> There is one critical data point we are missing: volume. Walmart will not
>> disclose the volume of Microtel PCs they are selling, and Microtell has
>> told us they are under a ?non-disclosure agreement with Walmart.? We have
>> been working on some tactics so attempt to obtain volume estimates, but
>> at this time, we can?t confirm any numbers.
>>
>> - - We understand that Microtel is shipping approximately 100 units per
>> week on Walmart.com orders.
>
> That is incorrect typo - the original says they were shipping 1000 units a
> week with Walmart!!!!

Of course. 100 a week wouldnt excite anyone.

> " - - We understand that Microtel is shipping approximately 1000 units per
>  week on Walmart.com orders."
>

>> - - We understand that most of the volume is at the $199 price point.
>>
>> - - We understand that most of those systems are shipping with NO OS.
>> (Naked Systems)

They then said that "no OS" and Linux volumes were similar.

>> - - We understand that there has not been a customer satisfaction issue.
>> Walmart sets fairly strict standards for customer return rates and
>> service calls.
>

> So micoshaft internal documents knows there
> are NO returns issues with Linux.
>
> BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!

Did you ever doubt it ?

As a rule of thumb, whatever dfs,hadrongo,ezekookl,amicurious,tim smith and
erik_funkentroll say, take the EXACT *opposite* as the truth.

> Any returns issues today are the result of lies, lies and asstroturfing
> lies all manufactured by micoshaft marketing department to feed lies to
> the public while they sit back and orchestrate the lies.

Of course.

Besides It's not hard for Microsoft to 'ask' a few thousand employees to buy
a Wallmart Linux PC or Linux netbook, then return it.

Flatfish once proudly exclaimed that he had paid for a copy of a shrink
wrapped commercial Linux distro at a local store, copied it then returned
it for a full refund claiming it was too hard and crap etc.

> The laws in EU and US are so slack!
> These politicians drunk on tax payer money is not lifting one finger
> to put right all this LYING in public forums by micoshaft marketing
> agents. For fsck sake! Do something!

President Obama offers hope, let's hope he delivers. Let's see America
become what it once was, a great nation where personal Liberty is valued
above all.

indeed listen to.  Trolls are not among those people, as trolls, more or
          Kelsey Bjarnason, C.O.L.A. 2008