Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Knew Vista Was Rubbish Well Before Release

George Barca wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 04:58:50 +0000, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>Microsoft Group Suggested Dropping 'Vista' From Home Basic
>>
>>,----[ Quote ]
>>| A group within  Microsoft Corp.  recommended in 2005 that the
>>| lowest-priced
>>| version of  Windows Vista be released without the "Vista" name because
>>| of concerns over "user product expectations," according to documents
>>| unsealed by a federal court Wednesday.
>>|
>>| The disclosure was made in a filing by the plaintiffs in a class-action
>>| lawsuit that claims Microsoft misled consumers with its "Vista Capable"
>>| marketing program in the months leading up to the January 2007 release
>>| of the operating system.
>>`----
>>
>>http://www.pcworld.com/article/158115/no_vista_home.html?tk=rss_news
>
> I don't see how they couldn't know. Microsoft for whatever they
> are or pretend to be are not fools. They know exactly what they
> are releasing, for the most part. The beta testing for Vista was
> huge in number so the bug reports should have been streaming into
> Microsoft central. The only thing I can wonder is maybe, just
> maybe, the off shoring of coding and so forth has made things
> even worse as far as quality is concerned for Microsoft.

I've seen and heard anecdotal stories of "off shored" projects that are
nothing but total trash when the project gets submitted to testing and then
production. It's either a a break down in communication or the off shore
programmers simply don't know what they are doing. The fact the Microsoft
put their eggs into the "off shore" basket is about as stupid as stupid
gets. VISTA is a failed experiment of CHEAP labor producing a what was
hoped to be a world class piece of software... What were the numbers? 5
years and how many billions of dollars and what did they get... VISTA.

I hope they learned a lesson.

> I have
> no idea but it's a thought and not meant to let them off the hook
> at all though. Either way they are responsible. My complaint with
> Microsoft is that they knew and yet they still tried to steam
> roll Vista, a defective product, into the market and even after
> it was blasted by users and the media they still claimed the
> problems were not real. To me that is the highest form of
> arrogance. They are now paying for it in the form of a damaged
> reputation.
> George Barca
> georgebarca1981@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

                             From the desk of:
                             Jerome D. McBride

   17:24:56 up 37 days, 23:30,  5 users,  load average: 0.02, 0.02, 0.00