Re: French Lawmakers Hope to Inspire Linux Revolution

George Barca wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 17:56:28 +0000, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>____/ Ignoramus31576 on Friday 23 January 2009 13:33 : \____
>>
>>> According to Mr. Salles, a survey polling members of the French
>>> Assembly found that 80 percent of the members were happy with the new
>>> software, which included new e-mail and office applications, while 14
>>> percent felt Windows should return.
>>
>>Wal-Mart had similar experiences before Microsoft stepped in to interfere.
>>Customers liked their Linux boxes, which sold very well.
>
> Interesting. Do you have some links for this? I'm curious to know
> how Microsoft could screw around with Walmart who are very
> powerful.
> George Barca
> georgebarca1981@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It's all detailed in full in one of Roys recent posts citing Microsoft
internal emails on Wallmart.

Basically they found Wallmart a very hard nut to crack, so looked for a
Microsoft person who knew a senior Wallmart exec, and used the friendship
as leverage. Fascinating reading.

indeed listen to.  Trolls are not among those people, as trolls, more or
          Kelsey Bjarnason, C.O.L.A. 2008