Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Knew Vista Was Rubbish Well Before Release

On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 17:30:23 -0500, Jerry McBride
<jmcbride@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I've seen and heard anecdotal stories of "off shored" projects that are
>nothing but total trash when the project gets submitted to testing and then
>production. It's either a a break down in communication or the off shore
>programmers simply don't know what they are doing. The fact the Microsoft
>put their eggs into the "off shore" basket is about as stupid as stupid
>gets. VISTA is a failed experiment of CHEAP labor producing a what was
>hoped to be a world class piece of software... What were the numbers? 5
>years and how many billions of dollars and what did they get... VISTA.

>From what I have been told the biggest problem comes after the
code is released. The way the development cycle works is the off
shore people are hired as coders and then when the product is
released, so are most of the coders with only a small group left
behind to help support the product. New coders are hired and
fired as needed throughout the product life in order to maintain
bug fixes etc.
This leads to a total loss of control by the company, in this
case Microsoft.
However it does lead to low costs and potentially low quality
although that does not necessarily have to be the case.

>I hope they learned a lesson.

I doubt they have.
Microsoft is a very arrogant company.
But I would like to see them get slapped down a few levels to the
point where they can really do something, or release something
that will be great. I don't think it is going to happen though.
George Barca
georgebarca1981@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx