Re: Firefox use is 4x that of IE, GNU/Linux use is 4x Vista, 1/2 of all Windows OSes on my new website!!

George Barca wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 16:47:02 +0100, Hadron
> <hadronquark@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>>Good idea.
>>
>>The BBC is one such site.

And it's a Microsoft shop.

>>They estimated that 0.8% of visitors used
>>Linux.

So what, anyone can estimate.

My website gives hard and *real* stats on visitors.

>>They now support Linux with their iPlayer.
>
> The BBC would probably be a good neutral site for Europe but I
> wonder how much traffic it gets from the USA?
> It seems to me that Linux usage in Europe is well ahead of the
> USA.

And so it is. Acer say they sell the vast majority of Linux netbooks to
Europe. Microsoft has the Americal distribution channels well and truely
tied up.

Like gangsters, they have hoodlums guarding all the passes so the
competition can't get thru.

> That figure of 0.8% seems very low?

What a surprise.

> How are they measuring it?

How are they guestimating it to please Microsoft you mean ?

indeed listen to.  Trolls are not among those people, as trolls, more or
          Kelsey Bjarnason, C.O.L.A. 2008