Re: Firefox use is 4x that of IE, GNU/Linux use is 4x Vista, 1/2 of all Windows OSes on my new website!!

Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> After takin' a swig o' grog, Terry Porter belched out
>   this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> Mine are coming from my very popular EEEPC900 hardware mod, (which works
>> with both GNU/Linux and Windows).
>>
>> Naturally the trolls will claim we have Linux sites and so our stats are
>> skewed towards Linux.
>>
>> So That means that either:-
>>
>> 1) There are more Linux netbooks than Windows netbooks contrary to what
>> the trolls claim because half the visitors are using Linux compared to
>> Windows
>>
>> or
>>
>> 2) Linux is far more prevalent on the desktop than the Wintrolls claim
>> because half the visitors are using Linux compared to Windows
>>
>> They can't have it both ways.
>
> They can have it any way, until you can factor out your site bias.
>
> Your site is geared to Linux users.

Not really. It *only* has *two* articles so far:-
1) External antenna connector on a EEEPC900
http://wiki.portertech.org/doku.php?id=eeepc900-ext-antenna

2) WiFi bridge link testing
http://wiki.portertech.org/doku.php?id=testing-wifi-bridge

Neither article is about Linux any more than it is about Windows.

Have you actually seen them ?

Even if my site *was* about Linux, 60% of the visitors are Windows users,
what does that tell you ?

> It may well be that /everyone/ who visits your site is a Linux user, but
> some of them are browsing from work

That's a lot of people not working as they should...

> or are still more comfortable with
> Windows.

Even so, that only makes Windows *twice* as common as Linux according my
stats.

indeed listen to.  Trolls are not among those people, as trolls, more or
          Kelsey Bjarnason, C.O.L.A. 2008