[News] [Rival] Microsoft Knew Vista Was Rubbish Well Before Release

Microsoft Group Suggested Dropping 'Vista' From Home Basic

,----[ Quote ]
| A group within  Microsoft Corp.  recommended in 2005 that the lowest-priced
| version of  Windows Vista be released without the "Vista" name because of
| concerns over "user product expectations," according to documents unsealed by
| a federal court Wednesday.
| The disclosure was made in a filing by the plaintiffs in a class-action
| lawsuit that claims Microsoft misled consumers with its "Vista Capable"
| marketing program in the months leading up to the January 2007 release of the
| operating system.

Some Fanboys Don’t Like Windows 7 Either

,----[ Quote ]
| Amazingly, the Windows Supersite of Paul Thurrott is showing some falling out
| of lockstep with Redmond.

Windows 7 Beta Can't Join Domains with Names Exceeding 15 Characters

,----[ Quote ]
| Following the availability of Windows 7 client Beta and Windows Server 2008
| R2 Beta, Microsoft revealed that neither of the next versions of its Windows
| operating systems were able to join domains with names exceeding 15
| characters in length. Any attempt to join Windows 7 client Beta or Windows
| Server 2008 R2 Beta machines to a Domain Name System (DNS) with a 15+
| character domain name would result in an error message, the company
| informed - “The attempt to join this computer to the << domain_name >>.com
| domain failed. The parameter is incorrect.”

Why Vista and Office Could Be the Downfall of Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]