Re: Obama asks McNealy for advice on Open Source

____/ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on Friday 23 January 2009 14:47 : \____

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20090122-an-odd-choice-to-help-government-with-open-source-strategy.html

> Better than asking Bill Gates.

BSA lobbies Obama for software patents at the Democratic Convention in Denver

,----[ Quote ]
| IP-watch tell us that BSA went to lobby Obama at the Democratic Convention in
| Denver with a list of principles, where the first one is "inspire creativity
| and innovation through strong, comprehensive, and enforceable intellectual
| property policies, including copyright, patent and trademark laws." Software
| patents are definitely on the top of the agenda of American multinationals.
| BSA does not has any small software company in its members, and Microsoft
| more active then the other members in using the association as a vector for
| its purposes.
`----

http://stopsoftwarepatents.org/forum/t-86815/bsa-lobbies-obama-for-software-patents-at-the-democratic-convention-in-denver
http://tinyurl.com/68wgn9
- --
                ~~ Best of wishes

The Intel-Dell-MS oligopoly/treo can be weakened by competition (Freedom)
Tasks: 140 total,   1 running, 139 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie