Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Embraces DRM and Virus Infections

On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 11:15:43 +0000, "Phil Da Lick!"
<phil_the_lick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>> Q&A: Microsoft defends return to DRM
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Microsoft yesterday unveiled its MSN Mobile Music service - and a surprise
>> | return to digital rights management (DRM).
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/245859/qa-microsoft-defends-return-to-drm.html
>

>Man that article is a hoot! What a fuckwit! That article is absolutely
>full of gems but my fav:
>
>Q: If I buy these songs on your service - and they're locked to my phone
>- what happens when I upgrade my phone in six months' time?
>
>A: Well, I think you know the answer to that.
>
>I'm afraid MS just don't get it. The sooner they shrivel and die so the
>true digital age can begin the better for everyone else.

That's the basic problem with DRM. I know with Verizon if you
have applications, downloads etc on your phone from one of the
Verizon Get it Now sites, if you upgrade to a new phone you are
entitled to download them to the new phone.
Not exactly the same as DRM, but similar.
Of course this does lock you into buying a Verizon phone again
which may not be what you want to do.
George Barca
georgebarca1981@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx