Re: [News] Dirty Apple Exploits, Then Threatens FOSS with Patents

On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 04:42:55 +0000, Roy Schestowitz
<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Apple Hints at Legal Action Against Palm
>
>,----[ Quote ]
>| Remember when Steve Jobs launched the iPhone, and held it up in the air,
>| proudly proclaiming "Boy, have we patented it", followed by a massive
>| applause of the adoring audience? It may seem like this wasn't just an empty
>| claim, either. During the earnings conference call yesterday, the company
>| hinted at possible legal action against Palm were the Pre to infringe on
>| iPhone patents.
>`----
>
>http://www.osnews.com/story/20826/Apple_Hints_at_Legal_Action_Against_Palm
>
>crApple.

I suppose it would depend upon what they patented. I have no
qualms with protecting inventions. Why should Apple do all the
expensive R&D only to have Palm or some other company steal it
and by virtue of that offer a competing product for less money?

"When Tim Cook, Apple's CEO while Steve Jobs is recovering from
his health issues, was asked about competitors to the iPhone,
such as Android and the Palm Pre, Cook replied "We like
competition, as long as they don't rip off our [intellectual
property], and if they do, we're going to go after anyone who
does." "
George Barca
georgebarca1981@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx