Re: [News] GNU/Linux Put on More Motherboards Thanks to Deals

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Phoenix Strikes HyperSpace Deal With ASUS
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | ASUS was the first company to ship SplashTop, an embedded instant-on
> | Linux environment, on any of its products. They began by offering
> | SplashTop on select ASUS motherboards, then it turned into ASUS
> | notebooks, and then to many more ASUS products. However, Phoenix
> | Technologies has now wooed ASUS into shipping HyperSpace on their
> | notebooks.
> `----
>
> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzAxMg

Is phoenix going to release any of this as public source code?
They don't exactly have a bios history thats totally friendly
with Linux boot USB flash disk booting etc.
Most of my stuff is AMI because of that one missing feature.
What features are we gonna be denied in the phoenix bios
that is available in Splashtop?