Re: [News] Google GNU/Linux Phones Expand, Diversify

Micoshaft Appil asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock George Barca
wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft Appil Department of Marketing:

> On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 03:27:47 +0000, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>Android "G2" emerges, as G1 preps for Europe
>
> Having just spent 3 hours in a Verizon store setting up a new
> account for my son, the young independent adult, I can quite
> accurately say that propel don't give a hoot about operating
> systems the phones are running. They don't know and they don't
> care.

Not!

Smart phones are a different beast.

The OS is critical to smart phone features.

Linux and customisation it offers is the long term winner.
For retailers its a lot of revenue to be had on the back
of other Linux products like MP5 players, flat TVs, IP webcams,
DVD players and recorders, set top boxes etc...
All they need to do is go out there and specify Linux in all
their smart phones.