Re: Congratulations to Apple OS/X

Rex Ballard wrote:

> Apple just reported their numbers and the commentators at CNBC pointed
> out that they blew the top off estimates, primarily because their Mac
> sales were off the charts.  Furthermore, they were making huge profit
> margins and selling the Mac at much higher prices than other PCs.
>
> Meanwhile, HP and Dell are losing their shirts in the PC market.  Even
> their Mac Look-alikes, powered by Vista seemed to be about as popular
> as a turd in a punch bowl.
>
> Could it be that OS/X has show that *nix can blow away Microsoft?

Probably.

Windows was always hype and advertising as it's never been overly suitable
for use anywhere, including home or business.

Windows is good for service orgs, and Microsoft, that's about it.

> If I were a major stock-holder in HPQ or DELL, I'd be pretty upset if
> Dell and HP didn't come up with a Linux based system that was on
> display at the retailer shelves.

HP and Dell really toe the MS line, probably NDA related.

> As a Retailer - I'd probably stop
> ordering "Vista-Only" machines completely, look what happened to
> CompUSA and Circuit City.
>
> Ballmer just doesn't have that same black magic that Gates had.  Gates
> could lie through his teeth, and you'd believe it was gospel truth.
> Ballmer was more like a used car salesman, and he even did a "Crazy
> Eddie" style commercial for Windows 1.0 that really shows - in 20/20
> hindsight, what a horrid mess of "hype" he was selling.  That
> commercial was in 1985, Windows wasn't practical until 1992, when
> Windows 3.1 was released.  Even then Windows 3.1 crashed about 5-8
> times per day.
>
> XP doesn't crash, it just hangs, freezes, and individual applications
> crash.  Which is much nicer than when the entire system crashes.
> Appearantly it helps if you reboot it every two days.

Most Windows users reboot every day, because they turn off after using, or
at night.

Join the winning team, and get your Free Ubuntu CD at :-
http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download

indeed listen to.  Trolls are not among those people, as trolls, more or
          Kelsey Bjarnason, C.O.L.A. 2008