Re: [News] Amazon and NewEgg AstroTurf Confirmed; Is Microsoft Involved Too?

On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 09:16:40 -0800, above the shrieking & whining of the
trolls, Sermo Malifer was heard to say:

> DFS wrote:
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> Belkin boss 'extremely sorry' for cash-for-good-reviews plan Caught
>>> AstroTurfing: Bad Belkin Bayard Business.. EU cracks down on fake
>>> blogger astroturfing Microsoft Pays $200 for Mentioning Its Tools
>>> Microsoft pays star writers to recite slogan Bribing Bloggers
>>> Microsoft's Laptop Giveaway Becoming PR Disaster? Bribing Bloggers
>>> Microsoft desperately wants my love -- and yours
>>

>> Linux users accept free suckware and in return give it bogus good
>> reviews way out of line with the kualitee of the junk.
>
> Which Linux users do that?
>
>> Linux Format magazine publishes bald-faced lies about Windows so they
>> can sell more mags to MS-haters.
>
> What alleged lies are you referring to?

If what the DFS troll says was true (which it isn't) don't you think M$
would be suing Future Publishing (owners of LinuxFormat) for publishing
falsehoods about Windows?
http://www.linuxformat.co.uk/

The troll is lying *again*, naturally.

>> So who's the fraud?