Re: [News] Amazon and NewEgg AstroTurf Confirmed; Is Microsoft Involved Too?

On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 21:26:33 -0500, "DFS" <nospam@xxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>William Poaster wrote:
>> On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 09:16:40 -0800, above the shrieking & whining of
>> the trolls, Sermo Malifer was heard to say:

>>> Which Linux users do that?

>>> What alleged lies are you referring to?
>>
>> If what the DFS troll says was true (which it isn't) don't you think
>> M$ would be suing Future Publishing (owners of LinuxFormat) for
>> publishing falsehoods about Windows?
>> http://www.linuxformat.co.uk/
>>
>> The troll is lying *again*, naturally.
>
>I don't lie, fool.
>

>In a recent guide published by Linux Format magazine, they said
>
>"Windows software takes ages to install and requires a half-dozen reboots."
>
>http://www.linuxformat.co.uk/blog/?p=416s
>
>More lying bullshit from the Linux "community".

It does.
Ever try restoring a Windows system from scratch?
Let's assume no image back up like Ghost or similar which is what
the typical user will have. This goes for Linux and osx as well
by the way.
1. Install Windows.
2. Get all service packs and patches which will take hours and
many reboots due to genuine advantage upgrades and so forth.
3. Install applications.
4. Update applications, each one by itself and again many
reboots.
5. Pray that it works.
Contrast that to Linux.
1. Install.
2. select upgrade.
3. Go for a beer and relax because it's done.
The last time I had to re-install a Windows XP system, a complex
one with copy protected software (challenge response) it took me
DAYS TO DO IT.
That being said, Ghost for $49.99 is the best investment a
Windows user could ever hope for.

>>> You.
>>
>> BINGO!
>
>Dumb Willie comes through with another me-too post... how unusual.

My only complaint with LFM is that they have far too much
Microsoft advertising.

George Barca
georgebarca1981@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx