[News] Ubuntu/Canonical Explores the K Desktop Environments or Qt

Move over GNOME, Ubuntu Mobile looks at Qt, other desktop environments

,----[ Quote ]
| The Ubuntu Mobile operating system is undergoing its most radical change with
| a port to the ARM processor for Internet devices and netbooks, and may use
| Nokia's LGPL Qt development environment as an alternative to GNOME.
|
| During a presentation at this year's linux.conf.au conference in Hobart,
| Canonical's David Mandala said Ubuntu Mobile has changed a lot over the past
| year in that it now includes netbook devices in addition to MIDs and the ARM
| port.
`----

http://www.computerworld.com.au/article/273605

Recent:

Qt Everywhere: 4.5 To Be Relicensed As LGPL

,----[ Quote ]
| All-in-all today's news means tremendous things for Free and Open Source
| software. The possibility of extending the reach of all of our work is
| exciting in and of itself, and this announcement could lead to a veritable
| explosion of Qt and KDE adoption.
`----

http://dot.kde.org/1231920504/

Qt goes LGPL!

,----[ Quote ]
| As of version 4.5.0, Qt will be released under the LGPL version 2.1. Jaw off
| the floor yet? Good.
`----

http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2009/01/qt-goes-lgpl.html

Nokia Hopes to Increase Qt Popularity With New License

,----[ Quote ]
| Nokia has added LGPL (Lesser General Public License) as an option for Qt,
| saying the move will increase developer flexibility and increase popularity,
| it announced on Wednesday.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/157054/nokia_hopes_to_increase_qt_popularity_with_new_license.html?tk=rss_news

Widgets enter the third dimension: WolfenQt

,----[ Quote ]
| Some people have been asking how to embed Qt painted content (and especially
| Qt widgets) in a 3d scene. As I’ve been wanting to do this ever since we
| added QTransform supporting fully projective transformations, I sat down and
| wrote a small example demonstrating these capabilities.
`----

http://labs.trolltech.com/blogs/2008/12/02/widgets-enter-the-third-dimension-wolfenqt/

Running DOS Programs on Linux: Duke Nukem Lives!

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/running-dos-programs-linux-duke-nukem-lives