Re: [News] Digital Photo Frame Runs GNU/Linux

  • Subject: Re: [News] Digital Photo Frame Runs GNU/Linux
  • From: Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 18:05:40 +0000
  • Cancel-lock: sha1:QJHf/TpEWjXaL4/ke5aYfZkDZgU=
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

> DPF design runs Linux
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Last week at CES, Chumby demonstrated a WiFi-enabled digital photo frame
>| (DPF) hardware-software reference design developed with Marvell
>| Semiconductor. The reference design combines Marvell's recently announced
>| PXA168 system-on-chip and 802.11 b/g WiFi chipset with Chumby's
>| Linux-based "push" info-tainment stack and website.
> `----
>
> http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS9229500143.html?kc=rss

A photo frame to which I could push my google calendar might be useful,
or perhaps a rotating set of data including live train departure times,
calendar, news headlines, that sort of thing...

--
| mark at ellandroad dot demon dot co dot uk                           |
| Open platforms prevent vendor lock-in.  Own your Own services!       |