[News] New Linux-based GP2X Out in March

Open-source gaming: GP2X Wiz release slips

,----[ Quote ]
| We are looking forward to finally getting our mitts on Gamepark Holding's
| latest does-it-all open source handheld console, the GP2X Wiz, which the
| company has now confirmed will be released in Europe in March.
|
| "The release date has been changed and fixed from 22 February 2009 to 5 March
| 2009," the company informs TechRadar this week.
`----

http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/open-source-gaming-gp2x-wiz-release-slips-500696

Related:

Emulation station: GP2X F-200 gaming handheld reviewed

,----[ Quote ]
| A long-time gaming buddy of mine hipped me to this system a few months back,
| and I have to admit I was skeptical at first because he is prone to a bit of
| hyperbole when it comes to things he owns and I don't. But, after spending
| some quality, hands-on time with the GP2X F-200, I have to say that my
| friend's assessment was spot on: this is a quality handheld and well worth
| the $170 price tag for the emulation capabilities alone. In my mind, the
| multimedia functionality offered on the GP2X is just icing on the electronic
| cake.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/reviews/hardware/gp2x-review.ars

Could Pandora open up Linux games?

,----[ Quote ]
| A stealth-mode startup is readying a Linux-based handheld gaming device with
| WiFi, USB, and a 4.3-inch 800x480 touchscreen. The "Pandora," headquartered
| at OpenPandora.org for now, runs Linux on a next-generation ARM SoC with
| integrated OpenGL 2.0 compliant graphics processor.

GamePark Holdings' GP2X F-200 coming in October

,----[ Quote ]
| Where the new model does differ, however, is with the addition of a 320 x 240
| QVGA touchscreen (with stylus), and a complete redesign of the gamepad,
| moving away from the previous, mushroom-like protrusion to a more flush,
| PSP-esque controller.
`----

http://www.engadget.com/2007/08/24/gamepark-holdings-gp2x-f-200-coming-in-october/

New Gp2x F-200, A GP2X with d-pad and Touchscreen!

,----[ Quote ]
| GPH announced the preview of our new GP2X model, the GP2X F-200. It similar
| to F100 but with d-pad and touchscreen.
`----

http://www.gp32x.com/board/index.php?showtopic=38291

US Copyright Office grants abandonware rights

,----[ Quote ]
| What does this mean? Well, those retro games -- classic or otherwise --
| that you can't seem to find anywhere can now be preserved without fear
| of ramifications. Although it is still unlawful to distribute the old
| games, free or otherwise, rarely do any abandonware cases go to court.
| The ruling is more symbolic than anything, but a step in the right
| direction.
`----

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/11/23/us-copyright-office-grants-abandonware-rights/

Review: Mylo price tag may keep away target audience

,----[ Quote ]
| Sony Corp.'s latest effort to capture the hearts, minds and money of
| teens and twentysomethings is a Web browser, messaging program, wireless
| phone and digital music player all rolled into a handheld gadget that goes
| by the name Mylo.
`----

http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/ptech/09/21/sony.mylo.ap/index.html?section=cnn_tech
http://tinyurl.com/fc9e5

Sony's Linux-based Mylo to include Skype VoIP

,----[ Quote ]